Monday, February 05, 2007

Voices: Listening & Connecting

There's a reading that I am going to participate in tomorrow at the Holocaust museum. I plan on reading a new poem I recently wrote based on the triptych art form i.e. an art piece divided into three parts, usually painted on wood and a popular art form used during the early Renaissance period. I used Robert Campin's "Merode Altarpiece" (Triptych of the Annunciation,") as an example. However, he is not the only artist who employed this style. One can mention Jan Van Eyck. My poem is divided into three parts and each section is told from a different point of view. Since this was a reading dedicated to memory, story-telling, and loss; I felt this poem was the most appropriate to read. I look forward to the reading and hope to provide some decent pictures.

No comments: