Friday, September 23, 2005

4:03pm


I’m as ready for this thing as I am going to be. I don’t have much food but my neighbors offered help in case I needed it. This hurricane has completely shut down the city. I can hear people hammering next door. There is tape crisscrossing window panes, wood covering entrances. The weather is beginning to change but not too dramatically. The trees are beginning to rattle. My family managed to get shelter at the fancy hotel my mother works. She was able to get two rooms. I decided to stay in my apartment and my brother decided to stay with me too. I guess that’s the only good thing about this. I’m spending a lot of time with my brother and I’m enjoying it. We never really hang out and it’s nice to be boarded up in an apartment and being forced to interact, forced to know each other.

No comments: