Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Behind the Scenes of Family Group Day Filming

In early November, a couple of friends helped me create a video poem based on my poem, "Family Group Day," featuring a musical score by Trills. This was a wonderful experience and I had a really fun time doing it.

Here is the storyboard for the poem:



We spent about 4 hours filming the main shots. We used mannequins to represent family members in the protagonist's life because we wanted to focus on the intensity of his emotions, most importantly his guilt. I wanted the setting to be sterile and lack human warmth to depict the detachment of the recovery process of an addict.

Here's a pic of graphic designer, Alberto Capetillo and videographer, Gilbert Camargo in action:


Anyway, I posted some pics that I took on my phone into a Flickr stream here. Check it out and let me know what you think.

I will be posting the video poem soon.

No comments: