Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Red Ring of Death


And so it happened. After being gone for most of the weekend, I came home Monday and when I settled down to assassinate my first target on Assassin’s Creed, I experienced the most tragic moment that all Xbox 360 owners dread—the Red Ring of Death. Now, I am an avid gamer but I tend to space my gaming time in short intervals. My console showed no sign of defectiveness so, when I saw the three red lights blinking at me, my body filled with terror and the most vicious anger filled my veins. I didn’t have a great weekend, so this was the last nail in the coffin to a string of bad experiences. I admit that I have gotten pretty attached to my 360 and the idea of not being able to exterminate Big Daddies or the relentless Locust Horde frightened me. Within an hour, I was feeling the shakes and agitation overcame me. It was then that I began to search the internet and various forums for a remedy. At first, things looked bleak. I kept running into the same comments e.g. call the xbox help line or “after going through 2 360s, I have given up. I won't buy another one until MS fixes whatever it is in the system that causes it to fail.” After a few minutes of scouring the internet, I finally found an unlikely fix. I have to admit that I had my doubts but I was extremely desperate. So, after trying this unconventional fix, I can happily say that it worked for me. Subsequently, I have been playing Assassin’s Creed for the past couple of hours and it seems to be working fine. I don’t know how long this will last but at least my console is working again and I am back in action.

For the remedy, please visit this site. I strongly encourage anyone that experiences the RROD to try it. What do you have to lose?

No comments: